I started to make the IIF project in 2006 with a vision to bring the Indian community of France together so that people can connect and help each other. Today, this has grown to become one of the largest social media based Indian community projects outside of India. It brings a lot of value to people's life in France, and most of which comes to people free of cost.
IIF runs with rules, and by joining the platform you agree that you will respect the following and the future rules. Repeat offenders of rules will be muted / removed based on the context.
- Any subject that is against the interest of IIF or any of it's sub projects like Centre Zenith, is not accepted or deleted. Any action a member in our group or elsewhere, perceived as against the interest of IIF may lead to the removal of someone from the project.
- There cannot be any negative / defamatory post naming / mentionning / identifying any ethnical / social / religious group. Such posts won't be approved / deleted if approved by mistake.
- Whenever you are discussing in any platform within IIF, please be courteous. Trolling is not appreciated, nor tolerated. Similarly people who are harsh and disrespectful and not tolerated in the group. This is one way how people lose their membership to IIF.
- If you are trolling or abusing me because you did not agree with one of my actions, or supporting those who are doing so, you may also be removed.
I run this group with countless number of small and not so small decisions everyday, and being a part of the group means you are agreeing with those decisions. In fact, the project IIF of today is a result of all of those decisions taken over the years. If you do not like one of my decisions, ignore that, think about all of them to which you are agreeeing with, or leave the group. Over 90% of the members are happy with the project and I am fine with that.
- Posts which can create a friction among community members, such as discussions on religion or politics or social issues, are not taken in www.facebook.com/groups/indiansinparis/ - for such discussions, a new group has been created: www.facebook.com/groups/SoRePo/.
- Regarding sharing of cricket / film links, we only share official links. Links of websites that share pirated links, directly or indrectly, are not accepted.
- Given that India and France are our two nations: janma-bhumi and karma-bhumi, any post or reply which is against the interest of either of these two nations, are not approved or deleted without notice.
- If you have a personal project, speak to me first. It will be accepted if it suits well in the scheme of things of IIF or Zenith. If your project fits the overall vision of things, we will discuss to see how things can be planned.
- If you have an issue with an individual, or a group, or a company, do not make a post ranting against the person. The way to go forward is to speak about the issue itself without mentionning anyone - let us fight against crimes, not criminals.
When crime survives and becomes socially acceptable, new criminals come up every other day and hence it does not change anything by naming and shaming one individual. We have to hit the crime so that it becomes socially unacceptable, and then we win as a society.
Besides, if you are a victim, you have to go to the police station and/or meet an advocate, and to give you justice is beyond the scope of IIF.
A post against an indivual is taken only very rarely, if I consider that naming that individual serves a greater community cuase.
- Promoting other community projects is not allowed. Promoting projects other than community projects has to be first discussed and published only if it has been agreed upon.
I have been removed from the group, how can I come back again ?
If you are removed from the group, first know that this is nothing personal and most probably I don't even remember your name anymore. If you are removed, that means that I felt the group will run better without you and that the moment you were removed, your actions had negative influences.
Try convincing me that your presence will be helpful for the community, or that you need the platform - you know how to contact me. If you are honest with your intentions and respectful to the project, there is no reason that why you should not be taken back.
Removal of someone is NEVER against an individual, NOR it is a definitive action. Respecting and following the rules are all what is being asked to you.